Five new National Monuments established!
Just announced today: Five new national monuments have been established, including Delaware’s first National Park Service unit (making them the last state to have a NPS unit)
Read more about the five new national monuments:
- Charles Young Buffalo Soldiers National Monument in Wilberforce, Ohio
- First State National Monument in Delaware, (three sites)
- Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad National Monument in Maryland
- Río Grande del Norte National Monument, northwest of Taos, New Mexico
- San Juan Islands National Monument, Washington
While this blog is primarily about California Historical Landmarks, these new National Monuments are something to celebrate for helping connect us with history and nature.