More California Historical Landmarks around San Diego Bay
This afternoon, I decided to celebrate National Park Week with a visit to Cabrillo National Monument at the end of Point Loma. Since I was downtown to start with, I decided to wrap in a visit to Spanish Landing, along the harbor of San Diego Bay…. and after visiting the Cabrillo Lighthouse, I just kept searching for landmarks in Point Loma and Liberty Station.
In all, I visited these California Historical Landmarks:
- Spanish Landing – No. 891 – at Spanish Landing Park (across Harbor Drive from the airport)
- Old Point Loma Lighthouse – No. 51 – at Cabrillo National Monument
- Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery – No. 55 – at the cemetery that is just north of Cabrillo
- Old La Playa – No. 61 – at the entrance to the Naval Base Point Loma (along with some La Playa Trail markers)
- El Desembarcadero – No. 64 – Liberty Station area on Farragut Street
- USS Recruit – No. 1041 – Liberty Station
I’ll post some photos later this week!